PDA

View Full Version : Bass Harbor in IR

Michael Pancier
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1301/4695575133_058ea68d4e_b.jpg

Figured I'd try it. Not much of a strong IR effect here since the evergreens are not strong in IR reflection.

But thought in B&W in provided a different take on this oft photograph Maine icon.

20d + 10-22
f/11
ISO 400
1/30
used viveza 2 for dodging and burning and contrast / structure tweaks.

Morkel Erasmus
06-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I really like the look you achieved here Michael. Composition and light are also top notch.

Dave Mills
06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Michael, I like the comp and the contrast in lighting. The IR effect isn't strong but has added a nice feel to the image. The sky has alot of interest and adds drama. Nicely done...

Roman Kurywczak
06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey Michael,
Very nice thought on this ....aproaching a classic shot with a different take with the IR. This one has potential but I think the simple approach of viveza for the tweaks wasn't enough. You lost quite a bit of detail in the FG rocks....making a few levels layer adjustments....both there and in the evergreens on the left....and even going in "old School"....and selectively dodging and burning areas to bring out thier full potential.....will take this to untold heights! This one needs some tweaking....but is composed very nicely!

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2010, 10:00 AM
The IR made the sky look cool but Roman is correct on the contrast issues created on the rocks. Also, the face of the building is much too bright. As mentioned good composition and again a great sky for B&W.