PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily

Nick Palmieri
06-16-2010, 07:44 AM
"Roamin with Roman" and Dave Mills at Longwood Garden's yesterday..doesn't get better than that! Since my ring light is broken I was using my Wimberley F9 flash bracket (the one I use with my big lens on the Wimberely head) with my external flash off camera and tilted toward the subject. I had it set to -1 1/3 and the flash diffuser cover attached. ISO 100, f/22, 1/60, 70-200mm at 200 with 15mm tube. I do not recall if I was using a tripod for this one, I would guess yes. Some PP cropping, levels, selective darkening of the water and sharpening.

Roman Kurywczak
06-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey Nick,
Not too bad with the single flash! They really did have a nice glow on them! I'm debating your focus point here. Pull it up on breeze and double check as right no it appears to be on the back stamen. If it is on the center....go with another round of USM on the front section.....if not....go to one of the other 100 you took:D and check those!

Dave Mills
06-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi Nick,lovely image. I was working on the same comp last nite.(had a second wind since I was beat) A bit of sharpening will make a strong image stronger. Well done...

Julie Kenward
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Outstanding, Nick! You can tell who you've been out shooting with! ;) I like your DOF here but agree that the very center could be a bit sharper. Excellent lighting...Love the dark water against that glowing center!

Ken Childs
06-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Beautiful capture of the flower. The comp and colors look great.

I'm really enjoying all of these water lily shots from Longwood. :)

Tim Munsey
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Very striking, strong image, like the leaf inclusion.

Tim

Anita Bower
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
What beautiful colors! Well captured. Nothing to add to above comments.