PDA

View Full Version : Got Ya

Lance Peters
06-16-2010, 04:58 AM
One from not too long ago - when otherwise occupied with more important duties like catching a feed - these guys will let you get quite close.

D3S
Sigmonster @800mm
F5.6
1/640th
-1.0EV
400 ISO
MAtrix metering
Tripod

Full frame - whites look bright on top of head - hard to see any detail at this resolution.
Bg is not ideal - but IS what it is.

Comments welcome:)

Don Railton
06-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi Lance

I think its nicely exposed and sharp as I would expect from a man of your talents. Its a pity the BG is similar in tones to the bird...Takes away some of the impact I think but you can only take whats there. I would crop a little off the OOF at the bottom to just above your name and the maybe the sides, but I tend to like the subject tighter in the frame than most anyway, especially if there is little showing to put the bird in context..

DON

Alfred Forns
06-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Sure like them guys Lance and also like the water flying sideways !!!

Good suggestion to crop a little more at the bottom !!! Will clean up the image big time and if this was the only one you had :) ... would do some cleaning to the in focus area !!! Sweet !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
06-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Got the focus right on the eye. Love the water droplets. Nice action captured. Don't mind the BG because it sometimes makes for a pleasing image as well.

Peter Farrell
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi lance, I like the water drops and motion shown by the fish and the birds head feathers. I don't mind the BG, but I'm not crazy about the objects in the water to the left of the bird.
Peter

Bill Dix
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Great look from the bird, and love the water droplets. He must need a lot of fish this size to keep him happy. Agree with a tad off the bottom, and too bad the dark bg band goes across behind the head. You can't always get what you want.....

Ray Rozema
06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Great eye contact and pose. the water droplets a big plus. For me the BG OK I would favor slight crop from the bottom and add a tad to the top. It almost like he is bending down to stay in the picture.

Ray

Lance Peters
06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the comments - will do a little clean up and repost (You know how I hate using P.S to remove things)
maybe i need to get with the program -lol

Harold Davis
06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
(You know how I hate using P.S to remove things)
maybe i need to get with the program -lol

dont change your style......if it aint broke you cant fix it!!

but i do agree with the crop suggestion. i love the flying water drops and the soft light is really nice!!

Oscar Zangroniz
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I miss my Sigmonster :( Like it as presented my friend.

Dave Mills
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi Lance, Love the action and like the position of the bird. The droplets amplify the action!
My philosophy on PS is if it can be fixed to aid in the images improvement...why not?(I guess thats been debated enough)
No matter how hard one tries if the image is very poor PS is not the remedy. This one has many fine qualities that could be further enhanced with it's use.

Troy Lim
06-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Lance, like this shot. I always after shots like that which is a lot more interesting than just posing.

Lance Peters
06-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Lance, Love the action and like the position of the bird. The droplets amplify the action!
My philosophy on PS is if it can be fixed to aid in the images improvement...why not?(I guess thats been debated enough)
No matter how hard one tries if the image is very poor PS is not the remedy. This one has many fine qualities that could be further enhanced with it's use.

Hi Dave - agree - I always try to get what I want in camera - find P.S after the fact tends to make one lazy - and tends to get the ill fix it in P.S. mentality in my mind.

That said - Ill try and have a more open mind and CONSIDER improvements :)

Lance Peters
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Just Quickly - rough job (At Work)
:cool:

Dave Mills
06-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Lance, For a rough job you did well. I liked the OP and like the repost even better...nice work...