PDA

View Full Version : Cerulean Warbler

Laura Stiefel
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
http://images.myphotoalbum.com/a/ar/aru/arua/arual/aruallefeits/albums/album16/cerulean_on_hawthorne_flower_zaleski_5_08_mg_2608. sized.jpg

Zaleski SF, Ohio
Canon 20D, Sigma 300mm f/2.8 @ f/8, ISO 400

Hi all. I'm trying to get the hang of these forums and thought I would try to upload this image from my website. Unfortunately, this doesn't look as sharp posted here as I think it does when I view it in PS. My eyes are tired now but hopefully, I will figure it all out later.

Anyway... This is a favorite of mine from Zaleski State Forest in Southern Ohio.

All comments are welcome. Thanks. :)

Ray Rozema
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
some will say the perch is too much but I like it. Agree maybe a little soft. good eye contact. Little more contrast on the bird might help the bird "pop" Hope to see one someday.

TFS

Ray

John Chardine
06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I like the image Laura. Lovely framing of the bird with the perch and the blossom. And what a great bird it is! I like the pose and head angle as well.

The image can be up to 1024 pixels across and a bigger image may show the detail better.

On my calibrated monitor there is an overall yellowish cast to the image. In LAB colour the throat whites were reading A channel = about -4, B channel = about +6. Once corrected to 0,0 the cast disappeared- see repost.

Laura Stiefel
06-15-2010, 08:37 PM
some will say the perch is too much but I like it. Agree maybe a little soft. good eye contact. Little more contrast on the bird might help the bird "pop" Hope to see one someday.

TFS

Ray

Hey Ray,

FWIW, This is the perch the bird chose. It is not a set up! :)

Thanks, John! That's already looking better.

Harshad Barve
06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
This is such a sweet image , good looking bird , nice BG and excellent perch too ,
Do we expect warblers to perch in open ;),
TFS

Lana Hays
06-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Laura
Sweet......glad to see you here.....I was just asking Brian how you were doing. Certainly a great bird to post. The colors and detail look good to me....but my eyes are really tired right now. A very nice perch....complete with flowers to enhance and frame this beautiful warbler. Well done.

arash_hazeghi
06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Nice eye contact and the blossoms add to the image, it would benefit from some USM to sharpen the details, TFS

John Ippolito
06-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Perch is busy, but the blossoms balance it out for me. John's repost has improved the slight cast. Agree with Arash on another bit of sharpening. Lovely specimen, and pose. TFS.

Laura Stiefel
06-16-2010, 07:26 AM
I like the natural look of the perch and the pose of the bird. Great background too.
The background seem to contain 'human' artifacts (window?). The vertical stripe above the tail could be removed to reduce this perhaps. The IQ is perhaps also affected by the reduced size: posting at 800 or 1024 will show more details. A membership will allow you to upload directly ;).

Hi, Peter,

The artifact in the BG is the forest.

Eek! I haven't posted anything in a long time. Looks like I need to go back and reprocess this one! Thanks for all the comments.

D. Robert Franz
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Love this image!