PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Big Sur

Jackie Schuknecht
06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
This is one of those images that really calms me down. I took it in California last year off coastal HWY 1, near Big Sur. Did an extrude and lowered the opacity to bring some detail. Original photo of the ocean has put through various filters as well (Topaz and Frac). I think the vastness of the ocean really got to me. (But I think I will be the only one that feels this way:)) (and I know the horizon line is dead center)
Comments Appreciated.

denise ippolito
06-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Jackie, At first I thought where is the focal point? Then as I started to stare at it I realized that it had my attention. I like it. I wonder if the stronger vertical and horizon line might be nice off-centered, that intersection holds my eye.

Kerry Perkins
06-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Jackie, I completely understand how you feel. Big Sur is one of the truly magnificent places in the United States and the vastness of the ocean is one of the reasons that I love California. I love the fact that I can be at the beach in only a half hour and this has never diminished my appreciation of it.

I think this image is wonderful. Can you believe that humans crossed these vast waterways in wooden ships with no technology? :)

Lance Peters
06-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Jackie - like this a lot - does have a very serene feel to it.
Print and Hang :)

Cheryl Slechta
06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Jackie, this has a calming effect - I can see it hanging in an abstract collection:)

Paul Lagasi
06-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Pretty cool looking abstract, definately a wall hanger...simple but very effective

sandy richards
06-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Jacki, beautiful abstract. I also was a little concerned initially about a lack of focus point, but quickly felt the serenity and calmness here, and love it.
Great example of encouraging us to think "OOTB" !
Big Sur is a favorite place of mine, too and I hope to pack up my little motorhome and spend a week there in the fall.

Sandy