PDA

View Full Version : Bee fly resting...

Karl Günter Wünsch
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.my-photohome.de/kgw/2010-05-20-bee_fly-0489_bp.jpg
Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM @ f/9, 1/13, ISO 200, crop by about 1/3rd (flower stems shifted after a wind gust and increasing wind speeds meant that I better take the shot after refocusing before the subject was dislodged - the first time I was missing the second axis on my focusing rail), tripod...
Shot in the tarn gorge along the Tarn gorge hiking path downstream of Les Vignes...

sandy richards
06-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Ken, excellent detail here, and very complimentary colors.
Too bad th stem became slightly oof, but to me it doesn't detract a bit.
The fly at just the same angle as the bud is great.
Sandy r

Ken Childs
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Very nice, Karl. It's sharp where it needs to be. Having the entire stem and the tip of the wing in focus would have been nice but it hardly detracts from the rest of the shot.

Paul Lagasi
06-15-2010, 07:18 PM
This is one cool bug, nicely captured, as said above sharp where it needs to be...well done

Julie Kenward
06-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Yes it still works for me because the top of the plant and the entire insect are so nicely in focus. Pollen grains on the insect are wonderful and the colors in the BG are wonderful. Might consider a slight curves adjustment on the insect to bring up the contrast just a little if, indeed, that is warranted. Having never seen this insect I'll leave that to you but I do think a slight bit more pop on the whites would really help him stand out even more. Lovely image, Karl!

Roman Kurywczak
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey Karl,
Considering the SS.....excellent sharpness! Very fortunate with the wind yo mentioned! I don't mind the OOF stem.....this is tack sharp where it need to be! Very well done!

Vida van der Walt
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Great shot Karl. Such a cute little fly and love the bg, nice detail and comp.:)