PDA

View Full Version : One Proud Tree Swallow

Norm Dulak
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 300 mm/f/4 ED-IF AF-S lens + Nikon TC-14-E II 1.4X AF-S, AF-I TC, on tripod
ISO Equiv. 640, 1/400 sec @ f/7.1, uncompensated Matrix metering

This male tree swallow photographed this morning seems to be bursting with pride over his chick. But what the youngster wants is food!

I didn't feel that sharpening the image was necessary, although I think that the image could be improved by cloning out the bright spot at the top of the box.

All C&C are welcome!

Norm

Tony Whitehead
06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
NIce timing top get good poses from both birds, Norm. I would be tempted to try a fairly heavy portrait crop to remove most of the top of the box and the big area of negative space on the right. You could clone out the screw heads on the face of the box and I think a bit of sharpening would optimize web presentation. Great to see a spring/summer image when we're in the depths of winter down south:)

Daniel Cadieux
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Neat how the Swallow is gripping the box with its foot, and I also like how it is balancing itself straight with it's tail feathers. The young one wanting food is cute :-) I like Tony's suggestions and they are worth exploring. Although the image is in perfect focus, I think it does need a small amount of sharpening just to get the fine details crisper for web viewing.

Harshad Barve
06-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Nice momenet very well captured here , can take some sharpneing
TFS

Norm Dulak
06-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions. They are very much appreciated!:)

Norm

arash_hazeghi
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I like the interaction and open beak, I agree with Dan about one round of usm to enhance sharpness. TFS