PDA

View Full Version : Bushhawk Question

Brian Kersey
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
This question is to anyone who uses a bushhawk. I am using a 430ex and Betterbeamer right now and wanted to get the flash off the hotshoe. Can I use a bushhawk and a bracket of some sort to get the flash off the axis of the lens? Thanks.

BK

Jim Poor
03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I just used my bushhawk for the first time today. I have a wimberly replacement foot on my lens and their telephoto flash bracket attached to the foot just fine.

Brian Kersey
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
would any lens foot work? I am using a 400mm f/5.6L. I didn't see a foot by Wimberly for that lens. Also, would any Wimberly Flash Bracket work?
Thanks

James Prudente
03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Brian,

I recommend that you get a P30 Wimberley plate for your lens. It is one size longer than the P20 and will give you plenty of room for the Wimberley flash bracket to mount and allow for easy positioning of the camera/lens on the BushHawk. Wimberley lens plates will accept Kirk, RRS and Wimberley flash brackets.

You may not want to get the better beamer too far forward as it may get past the end of the hood and that could result in the flash flaring in the lens.

Hope this helps.

Jim