PDA

View Full Version : Green fields of Kent...........

Tom Dolezal
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_G2G0354-3.jpg

A current sight in Kent..............

Technical: Canon 1D Mk IV, Canon 16 - 35 f2.8 Mk2, Focal length 16mm, f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO 200, - 2/3 EV, AV mode, Singh Ray Colour Combo

Robert Amoruso
06-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Just as I would expect such a view too look from the shadows to the highlights. Good use of the leading lines and nice arcing sweeping in the valley.

Roman Kurywczak
06-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey Tom,
We can debate some tweaks to the shadow areas.....but I'm with Robert.....this works very nicely as presented. I know tire tracks aren't everyones cup of tea....but youused them very effectively and as they are part of the landscape....if you can beat them.....use them as nicely as this!

Morkel Erasmus
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
works very well Tom - very pleasing sight, can imagine lying down there watching the clouds drift by overhead...

Dave Mills
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Tom, agree with comments above. Good division of the comp with pleasing lighting,leading lines and an interesting sky. Well handled...

David Thomasson
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
You are so fortunate to be able to see scenes like this. My great escape is Victorian British novels (Bronte, Hardy, Austen, etc.),
and I see these places in their descriptions but have never visited there.

I agree with others about the excellent composition and leading lines of the tracks. Since this image is very much about
textures, I would work at bringing out the details of the distant trees, the texture of the grain, and also the deep blue of the sky.

Big animated gif (650K):

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2619/kent2.gif

Nick Palmieri
06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Great composition. I like the leading lines. I would have been happy with the original post but looking at David's re-post IMO improves it further.

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Just as I would expect such a view too look from the shadows to the highlights. Good use of the leading lines and nice arcing sweeping in the valley.

Thank you for your comments Robert - much appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Hey Tom,
We can debate some tweaks to the shadow areas.....but I'm with Robert.....this works very nicely as presented. I know tire tracks aren't everyones cup of tea....but youused them very effectively and as they are part of the landscape....if you can beat them.....use them as nicely as this!

Thank you Roman for your comments. This is very much as shot - just a play on crop and sharpening in PP - think any additional PP is going to be down to personal taste - for me I am OK with this minimal PP approach here.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
works very well Tom - very pleasing sight, can imagine lying down there watching the clouds drift by overhead...

Thanks for your comments Morkel. I know what you mean - took several shots from here some with emphasis on the cornfield others with emphasis on that cloudy sky as I was liking both scenes.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Tom, agree with comments above. Good division of the comp with pleasing lighting,leading lines and an interesting sky. Well handled...

Appreciate your comments Dave - many thanks.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
You are so fortunate to be able to see scenes like this. My great escape is Victorian British novels (Bronte, Hardy, Austen, etc.),
and I see these places in their descriptions but have never visited there.

I agree with others about the excellent composition and leading lines of the tracks. Since this image is very much about
textures, I would work at bringing out the details of the distant trees, the texture of the grain, and also the deep blue of the sky.

Thanks for your comments and edit David - much appreciated. Believe me I am just as glad to see it as well as its been grim and overcast for a lot of this year - so far.

Like how your edit has brought some more texture - as in my reply to Roman, apart from a crop & sharpen no more PP has been done.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Great composition. I like the leading lines. I would have been happy with the original post but looking at David's re-post IMO improves it further.

Appreciate your comments Nick, many thanks.

Tom

Tim Munsey
06-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Ah Kent, my childhood play ground. Great lead in, like the idea of bringing out detail in trees distant.

Tim

Tom Dolezal
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Ah Kent, my childhood play ground. Great lead in, like the idea of bringing out detail in trees distant.

Tim

Cheers for your comments Tim. A North Downs scene.