06-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/25"
F2.8
ISO:100
LR & CS3
Canon 430EX: On, Fired (comp -3 w/wide panel)
BG is white foam core. Shot indoors with natural window light.

This is one of the micro wildflowers that blooms in early spring. I'm not 100% sure of the ID.

Julie Kenward
06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Ken, this is really lovely! The high key white BG is beautiful here, as is your choice of exposure. The overall softness of the image adds a very nice touch. It's a very strong composition as well, with the flower entering from the LRC and sweeping the eye across to the ULC.

Only distraction that's catching my eye a little are the two white areas around the main clump of flowers. If you could lightly paint over those with a matching shade of green at a 15-25% opacity to bring them down just a bit I think it would make for an even stronger image. Lovely to look at, I can certainly see this being a beautiful print!

Dave Woeller
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Very pleasant, soft and complimentory colors in this. It really works well with the white background. I also think the square crop is perfect for this shot, and balances it well.

Allen Sparks
06-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Ken, I'm personally not a big fan of a high key white BG usually but it does work well with this shot. Nicely composed. Love the tones and subject placement.

Adrian David
06-13-2010, 02:03 AM
I really like your choice of DOF, and the pastel colors! Nice composition and the white BG complements it well.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Like you choice of DOF, adds a really nice feel to the image.

Roman Kurywczak
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey Ken,
Well.....obviously I'm in the monority here......while I generally like high key.....the shallow DOF isn't working for me. I think it is mostly the stacked greenery of the central group......but it may also be the colors....which I generally like also with the high key......can't quite put my finger on it but I do have to give you high marks on exploring the shallow DOF end!

Anita Bower
06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Really lovely! The colors, the softness, the white bg, the shallow depth of field all work well together with the small, delicate flowers. I like the composition very much, and the square crop. Beautiful.