PDA

View Full Version : Skimmering in the Fog

Mark Fuge
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
This image, of two Black Skimmers, was taken at Merritt Island NWR last year.

Modifications in CS4 included; Gradian and Opacity adjustment.

Enjoy!

Back to work :( ... Hope to return soon to the norm. :o

Paul Lagasi
06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Mark..good luck with work.

I like the pano crop. I really like the Skimmer thats in the lead, also the back skimmer from the bill on the water and below.
I'd probaly make an attempt at repairing the right bird using, the front bird in CS4. I did it at home here and it worked.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Like the comp and the line behind the front skimmer on the water.

Christopher Miller
06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Very nice composition, Mark. I like the pose and reflection of the front bird a lot. Second bird doesn't add much for me; I think removing it would create a much stronger image. I might also up the contrast just a little.

denise ippolito
06-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Mark, I might punch up the contrast as suggested by Christopher, and I also agree w/ evicting the second skimmer. I like the pale blue tones and the wing up position of the lead bird.

Mark Fuge
06-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Paul Lagasi
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Mark, I think your base idea of two Skimmers was cool, I just wanted to see what you thought of this change.

Mark Fuge
06-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks Paul. Appreciate your effort.

I personally like the difference in the two birds, but appreciate your thoughts as usual.

Didn't want to add anymore contrast, as the image is of a fog scene. The original is sharp and dark. Just liked the effect of the "fog" that was there.