PDA

View Full Version : What did I start?

Richard Kowalski
03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I've been rather busy with work, life, etc. since my last posting and I'm really surprised at how many rodeo pics have been posted and the excitement they've created since then!

Sara & I went to the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association's University of Arizona Rodeo. Unfortunately the Wildcats didn't score as highly as we had hoped, but it was still another fine day of rodeo in Tucson. The crowds were very sparse, so we could move around and try different angles and positions that just aren't possible during the professional rodeo last week. Since there were so many students participating, we could also afford to experiment with compositions and techniques we didn't dare to try during the professional events.

Here's one shot of a Central Arizona College student riding a bareback bronc. I have to hand it to these kids. The horses and stock they had were MUCH more spirited than the ones the pros had to deal with!

Canon 20D, 1/1250th, Tv, Evaluative, ISO 800
Sigma 50 - 500 / 313mm @ f/ 11 handheld
Shot as jpg, cropped off a little on the right, H&S adjustment, small increase in color saturation & USM in PS

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Talking about angles Richard !!!!!! You got one awesome angle on this capture. I still do not know how these people survive and especially their backs and hips. Many thanks for sharing this with us Richard .

Alfred Forns
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Looks like he will be in a world of hurt in no time !!!!!! Love the intensity !!!!

Jim Poor
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh this is great. Nice action. I think he's DQ'd though. No touchie with the free hand!

Harold Davis
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
i think it's a toss up: ride that bronco bareback or stand ten feet from a grizzly with only a 500mm lens separating us!! cool pic, richard. good to have you back.

Jason Vaclavek
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
You can really feel the intensity in this photo!
Great shot.

Gus Cobos
03-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow... I'm glad its him and not me...:D
Very nice shot Richard. Keep them coming...

Gus...:cool: