PDA

View Full Version : Water Drop Necklace

Roman Kurywczak
06-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Going through some files from doing water drop at Susan Candelario's house.....it is sooo much fun and can be quite addictive. This is all in camera with multiple strobes....not sure if we used 2 or 3 this day......bounced off gold paper and red gel over 1 of the strobes. Went darker with the PP'ing to make the necklace and colors shine.

denise ippolito
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
The color and the dark mood really grab you. I like the necklace look to the drop. Beautiful image!!

Michael Pancier
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
This is so cool How did you set up the lights? flashes or external strobes?

Roman Kurywczak
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the coments Denise and Michael! Michael....regular flashes....manual mode....about1/32 power. Most new flashes (580ex for canon) have slaves built in.....I also use an Ikelite slave sensor sometimes for older 540's. Think similar to hummingbird set-ups for the flashes.

Paul Lagasi
06-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I echo the sentiments...way cool...what a capture, sharpness and colors..good one

Jackie Schuknecht
06-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Very cool Roman, love the colour of the water and the "necklace".

Kerry Perkins
06-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Great macro work Roman! The color of the light is really nice and the capture is amazing. Does seem like a lot of fun setting these up!

Deborah Hanson
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
This is amazing work to me. Every time I look at it, something else strikes me as new. The reflections, composition, and technical ability make this a very nice image.

Kerry Perkins
06-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Forgot to mention that the water color reminds me of a fine Cognac... Mmmmm. :)

Christopher Miller
06-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Wow! Wonderful photo, Roman! Love the dramatic colors and lighting, and that drop necklace is just awesome! :)

sandy richards
06-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Gorgeous image!
The colors, ripples, and "necklace" are superb.
If it were mine (I wish!) I'd clean up the spots, and diagonal lines at about 3:30.
Sandy r

Roman Kurywczak
06-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Forgot to mention that the water color reminds me of a fine Cognac... Mmmmm. :)
....or amber beer! But never let it be said that I will turn down a fine Cognac!

Thanks all for the comments! You can try these on your own....but difficult w/o some equipment.....water drops on the other hand....anyone with a flash can do!

Sandy....thanks for the feedback......I do see what you are talking about and will clean it up....always some in this type of image....how much or how little is always the question!....nay even remove some of the highlights in the lower portion.