PDA

View Full Version : Green heron in habitat

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/11098072-lg.jpg

40D. 400 f5.6L wide-open. iso 640. 1/200s. hand held. exp. comp +1. fill flash( 420ex) at -1 2/3. Amlost full frame.

made this under very overcast conditions...so more than happy with the sharpness :-) I am trying to improve my HH technique these days. I dont like the blade below the bill. I have some other shots where that is not an issue but this was the only angle that gave me a little empty space behind the bird. Moreover, I liked how the cattails balanced the bird in the frame.

All C&C welcome.

John Ippolito
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Kaustubh, I like the habitat, and your self critique on the blade below the bill. The image is sharp, and I like the colors, and and those chewed up sword like blades leaning in the direction of the bird.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I like the setting, soft light and eye contact. If you don't like the blade touching the bill, it should not be too difficult to remove it.

Daniel Cadieux
06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I like how the heron is gripping the cattail with its toe...and check out all the caterpillars, way cool!! I like the habitat, and yes the piece of vegetation should be easy to shorten if it bothers you that it touches the chin :-)

Stu Bowie
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Good enviromental image Kaustubh, shows the habitat nicely. You have the sharpness, although I would maybe selectively sharpen the head. Considering the overcast conditions, you have brought out the colours very well.