PDA

View Full Version : Luminous Path...

Ramesh Adkoli
06-07-2010, 06:48 AM
This image was taken one late evening in a forest in Western Ghats of southern India. It is a long exposure image with the forest walkway illuminated by waving a torch. It took several attempts to get one right. Would be eager to know your views.

D700, 24-70mm @70mm, 30s, f/13, ISO 200, late evening, tripod mount
CNX2, levels, shadow recovery, B&W conversion

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Ramesh,
I like the concept and composition very much! I think toning down just the LRC wil just strengthen the tones even more. I do think bringing out some detail....very slightly....just at the end of the path will draw the viewer in even more. This has a stong mood to it and I know how difficult getting the painting in this situation was.....handled very, very , well! Just a few tweaks for my tastes.....but overall a great job!

Dave Mills
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Ramesh,simple but effective comp. Agree with Roman regarding toning down the LRC a bit and bringing up the backround a small amount. The image works well as a B/W...

Robert Amoruso
06-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Roman,

Captured my thoughts perfectly Ramesh. I like your style - keep them coming.

Ramesh Adkoli
06-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks, Roman, Dave and Robert for your views and kind words. I agree with your suggestions, Roman. Appreciate your time in examining the image very closely. This revised version has those aspects implemented. Let me know how you find this.

regards,
ramesh

sandy richards
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Ramesh, a very mystical and compelling image!
I agree with the small alterations on the second image.
Really nice!

Sandy r