PDA

View Full Version : Least Tern Courtship -2

Sid Garige
06-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Another image from Tiger Tail beach.
Canon 7D 500mm F4
F8 1/1200

PS: Don I am stealing your framing idea. Really like it. Hope you dont mind.

arash_hazeghi
06-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Excellent capture Sid, great exposure, interaction and nice angle. A question, did you run NR on the birds?

Sid Garige
06-07-2010, 12:13 AM
A question, did you run NR on the birds?

Thanks Arash. Yes, I did noise reduction on birds. After noise reduction I did see a bit of detail loss in the feathers. But like the final soft look effect and decided to leave it that way.

I went back and looked at the original again. Did not see much loss in the details. Here is the original just in case if you are interested.

Thanks
Sid

Fabs Forns
06-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Wow, Sid, I love this one much better than the fist one, which was good too. This one is really special and I don't mind the soft feel. Love in Heaven ;)

arash_hazeghi
06-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks Arash. Yes, I did noise reduction on birds. After noise reduction I did see a bit of detail loss in the feathers. But like the final soft look effect and decided to leave it that way.

I went back and looked at the original again. Did not see much loss in the details. Here is the original just in case if you are interested.

Thanks
Sid

I see a different image now Sid, looks like you uploaded a different photo? this is great but the first one was nice too!
This one does show more details in the whites, I would not run any NR on the birds especially when they are white, ususally there isn't much noise in white feathers, NR will just chew the subtle textures and plasticy look!!!

fine image, both this one and the first one.

Here is my version with no NR and just sharpening

Kiran Poonacha
06-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Great pic this. loved the moment captured and great angle and feel here...

Ofer Levy
06-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Fantastic image! Just wish for a slightly higher shooting angle to avoid the distracting FG.

denise ippolito
06-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Sid, Both posts are nice. I do agree a slightly higher shooting angle would have eliminated the OOF FG- but the OOF FG is not distracting to me it just adds a bit of dreaminess to the image which I like.

stuart wanuck
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
sid love the image really a fine piece of artistry!

Arthur Morris
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Another spectacular image. All three look great to me. I'm with Denise in that I would not want you to be any higher--you were in the perfect spot. I would get rid of the one or two darker smudges in the BKGR in front of the top bird. You have become the head angle master not to mention the EXP master. Way to do.

Roman Kurywczak
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey Sid,
One of the very few times I don't want a slightly higher angle! You absolutely crushed this one out of the park!!! Outstanding!!!

Lana Hays
06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Sid
You have been posting some fine work.....but I have to say.....I think this is your finest image that I've seen. Such a wonderful story that it tells. Well done.

niranjan sant
06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
magnificient moment captured,am loving highkey effect

Sid Garige
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Another spectacular image. All three look great to me. I'm with Denise in that I would not want you to be any higher--you were in the perfect spot. I would get rid of the one or two darker smudges in the BKGR in front of the top bird. You have become the head angle master not to mention the EXP master. Way to do.

Arite,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Thanks again.

Sid Garige
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Sid
You have been posting some fine work.....but I have to say.....I think this is your finest image that I've seen. Such a wonderful story that it tells. Well done.

I think so too Lana. Thanks.

Sid Garige
06-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Sid, Both posts are nice. I do agree a slightly higher shooting angle would have eliminated the OOF FG- but the OOF FG is not distracting to me it just adds a bit of dreaminess to the image which I like.

Denise,

Thanks for your kind words. I kind of liked this shooting angle too.

Arthur Morris
06-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Arite, Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Thanks again.

YAW. That's my job :)

Harshad Barve
06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
wow , what a beauty this is , winner all the way
TFS