PDA

View Full Version : Dirphia Skipper

John Cooper
03-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Another insect image taken before sunrise in the alpine regions of New South Wales.

Canon EOS 3, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 25, Natural light, 4 secs, F16, Tripod

Mike Moats
03-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey John, this one doesn't appeal to me as your other dew covered critter shots. I think it's the dark subject it's resting on, and the dark BG that throws it off for me.

Robert O'Toole
03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree with Mike on the appeal but for different reasons. I like the comp and the details in the image.
A green cast and low contrast are problems that can be easily corrected making the image very appealing with a few minutes of work.

Robert

John Cooper
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I agree with Mike on the appeal but for different reasons. I like the comp and the details in the image.
A green cast and low contrast are problems that can be easily corrected making the image very appealing with a few minutes of work.

Robert
Thanks Mike and Robert - your remarks confirm my own thoughts. This is an early image taken on K25 and being exposed before sunrise exacerbated the tendancy for this film to record cold tones. Its never seen the light of day, the slide sitting in my filing cabinet for the past 15 years!! I have played around with this image in PS but don't seem to acheive very much :)

Robert Amoruso
03-03-2008, 08:35 PM
John,

I played around with trying to color correct it and made it worse. It is one tough nut.

Tony Kirkby
03-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Hi John I altered the colour a little. I like this shot but I think it's the drooping antennae that take the edge off it, not the colour

John Cooper
03-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi John I altered the colour a little. I like this shot but I think it's the drooping antennae that take the edge off it, not the colour
Thanks Robert and Tony for comments.
I have produced similar warm tonings Tony but just doesn't convey the coldness of pre- sunrise light. The antennae don't bother me as they convey the weight of the dew. Thanks for your repost though.