PDA

View Full Version : Fisheating Creek

Paul Marcellini
06-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I did a quick trip up to Fisheating Creek, the last free flowing waterway that feeds into Lake Okeechobee. I went maybe 5 miles upstream the first day and spent 2 hours paddling in our wonderful summer thunderstorms. Despite starting in 91 degree heat, I was quite chilled at the end of it.

5d2, Tamron 28-75@75
ISO: 200
Aperture: 16
Shutter: 2, 1.2, 1/2s blended using Tony Kuyper's luminosity masks.

Paul

Michael Pancier
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I love how you find these out of the way locations. were you in the boat for this?

Roman Kurywczak
06-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey Paul,
Sweet light that conveys the mood of the river and cypress very well. Perhaps a lightening of the LH side a touch?....almost looks like a line so a bit of light play in the leaves/greenery may break that up some. You are doing a great job capturing the mood and feel of these Florida locations....very nicely done!

I'm betting kayak was the mode of transportation!

Dave Mills
06-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Paul,you have a good eye picking out compositions in areas where the terrain blends into itself. Warm,filtered lighting sets a pleasing mood along with an offset center of interest. Well handled!

Robert Amoruso
06-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Paul,

I think the warm tones really work well in this image.

Logistically, I am guessing you are getting out of the kayak, setting up a tripod and making the images. Is this correct? If not, how is it being made. Thanks for the insight into the process.

Paul Marcellini
06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys,

yes, kayak it is. I have dry bags and take everything out at the spots. Sometimes I cant actually beach the kayak and tie it to me while I shoot.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice Paul

Connie Mier
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
One of my favorite places to paddle, and I'm glad you got out there to capture the essence of this florida gem before the water levels got too low. I love everything about this photo, beautiful tones.