PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Nickerson beach

allanrube
06-06-2010, 04:02 PM
My non photographer wife are are heading to NY for a few days late this spring. I would like to go to Nickerson Beach. I would be coming from NH. I can get close. Below are direction I got from the net. Can someone tell me more exact location and parking information for bird photography there?

To reach Nickerson Beach Park from the North Shore, take Meadowbrook Parkway South to Loop Parkway (Exit M10) to Point Lookout. Turn right onto Lido Boulevard. Nassau Beach is about ½ mile on your left hand side. From the South Shore, take Southern State Parkway (East) to Meadowbrook Parkway (South) toward Jones Beach. Just before the Jones Beach Toll, go off onto the Loop Parkway (exit M10) toward Point Lookout. Take Loop Parkway all the way to the end. Turn right: Nassau Beach Park is on the left hand side about ½ a mile away.

Beth Goffe
06-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Both sets of directions are fine. Nickerson has a traffic light (it's the 2nd or 3rd light after getting off Loop Parkway). Pass Malibu Beach club first and then you'll hit Nickerson.