PDA

View Full Version : Just another eagle picture ? What?

Tod Witt
03-03-2008, 04:39 AM
I thought I would stay with the eagle / photographer theme for this one as well, might switch to bears or something else... Don't let that guy on the other side of the log distract you...the eagle is on the bank of Mikfik Creek, check extreme right of image. See the eagle. By the way you might know these people, that is Johnny Johnson behind the tripod and Larry Aumiller making a move in the green shirt. You thought being close to eagles was fun, this is better. Been there done this more times than I can remember. Three trips to McNeil 2001, 2003, 2005, countless hours in Denali and a 2007 bear boat trip with RO. This was shot with my point and shoot (jpeg only) since my other bodies had big glass on them when this guy came a calling.Camera Model: CD MAVICA, Date/Time: 2005:06:20 18:57:27, Shutter speed: 1/500 sec, Aperture: 5.6, Exposure mode: Program, Flash: Off, Metering mode: Multi-segment, ISO: 100, Focal length: 9.3mm The Good Old Days at McNeil

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Tod I have been suffering a little envy thinking about shooting the bears but this close is well just unbelievable !!! w What followed after you took this capture ???? Did he just turn and go on his way???? This image has a few unanswered questions <smile > Many thanks for sharing. Amazing what you can get with a point and shoot.

Alfred Forns
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Not sure about being that close to the bear !!!! Would be having a sensory overload !!!! Love the perspective Excellent use of the P&S !!

Tod Witt
03-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Tod...What followed after you took this capture ???? Did he just turn and go on his way???? This image has a few unanswered questions <SMILE>Many thanks for sharing. Amazing what you can get with a point and shoot.

My usual answer to this type of question is something like this...I was killed in a bear attack and they found my camera, then I wait to see their reaction. But it is generally more like this...the bear veered to the creek bank in front of us, he did not cross the log. The action of Larry (park ranger) standing up and moving forward was what caused the bear to stop and go down the bank.

Harold Davis
03-03-2008, 05:57 PM
personally i think you guys are nuts!!! you do realize that bear is about 4x bigger than you and he has bear power with some nice sharp claws.

hmmmmm. i'd probably do it too.:D

Maxis Gamez
03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Scary man.... :0