PDA

View Full Version : End of the Day

Alfred Forns
06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Its good to try different type images to mix it up, this one is from Little Estero Lagoon at the end of the day before heading back to the motel. Usually there are pelicans flying around and just need to find one in the are you want. For most of these there will be a plus setting for the exposure and you can go Av or manual. Reason I like Av is for the rapidly changing light, easier to set comp and let the camera take care of the rest. btw for these is not a bad idea to use some flash for fill light which I did not but use very little

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk2n
70-200 f2.8 1.4X
Av + 2/3
ISO 500

Desmond Chan
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Just looking at the title and the image...they fit well with each other ! Would it be better if the left wing doesn't hide part of the bill? I think so :) Not to mention the composition, with the bird about one third of the height of the frame up from the bottom and the sun one third down from the top. But I also think it would be nice to see the sun a bit to the right and the bird a bit to the left...to introduce a more diagonal line into the picture. Still, I like the exposure, the color and the mood of the image.

Dave Leroy
06-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Lovely feeling to the photo. I really like the very soft light.

I agree that no bill merge would be nicer.

I also like the exposure on the sun.

Alfred Forns
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Desmond ...how about having a spoonbill rather than a pelican :D:D:)

Desmond Chan
06-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Desmond ...how about having a spoonbill rather than a pelican :D:D:)

You could have put a bald eagle there and it doesn't make it a different image to me :)

Lance Peters
06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi AL - works for me - Great feel - like the sun just peeking above the horizon.
:)

Richard Waas
06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi Al, I also love the soft feel of this one. Hopefully this beauty won't have to worry about the oil......

arash_hazeghi
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
very nice Al, sunset and the departure of the Peli makes it for me

Bill Dix
06-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Very nice soft (Florida-like) feeling to this. I agree that seeing the full bill would help. I tried for many, many frames last fall to get one of these fellows to fly in just the right position across the sunset, and finally resorted to pasting one in, just for fun. (I didn't think to paste in an Bald Eagle instead.)

Mark Young
06-09-2010, 10:32 PM
This is one of those images where I look at it and wish I was there! :)

I like the ambient mood this image conveys, it has a very peaceful serene feel to it.

Just out of curiosty, what were your aperture and SS settings?