PDA

View Full Version : Osprey with Catch

Axel Hildebrandt
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM
This is one I made at Blue Cypress Lake when Fabs, Al, Arash and I spent a great morning there.

http://www.pbase.com/axelhi/image/125053597/original.jpg

1D4, 500f4, 1/1600s, f/7.1, ISO 400, manual exposure

Randy Stout
06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Axel:

Great exposure on the bird, sharp, fish a plus, like the grip.
When I first saw it, I thought flash had been used, because of the sense of luminosity difference between the bird and the BG. It really is rendered in a 3D way.

Did you need to do any blurring or work on the background?

Wish the head was a bit more our way.

Very nice.

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
06-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks, Randy! I ran noise reduction on the background. If I remember correctly, I also removed a branch.

Deborah Hanson
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Again, as with all of your images, this is nicely presented. I agree that the bird seems to pop off the photograph. Did you meter off the bird (don't know if I am asking the correct thing)?
The detail and pose of the osprey is great. I like that there is good eye contact to where the bird is going - concentration, I suppose.
Good catch (both you and the osprey:)).
Deb

Ilija Dukovski
06-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Great pose and expression on the bird. Only a bit better HA would make it even better.

Fabs Forns
06-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Great pose and EXP control, I prefer the green BG to the sterol blue sky, so my blessings :)

Stu Bowie
06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Pin sharp Axel, with a great flying posture. The Osprey is separated from the BG very well. Great capture.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Again, as with all of your images, this is nicely presented. I agree that the bird seems to pop off the photograph. Did you meter off the bird (don't know if I am asking the correct thing)?
The detail and pose of the osprey is great. I like that there is good eye contact to where the bird is going - concentration, I suppose.
Good catch (both you and the osprey:)).
Deb

Thanks, Deb! I metered off the sky, which works well for the white plumage in manual mode and with a varied BG.

arash_hazeghi
06-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Axel, I can't believe this, looks like we pressed the shutter the button at the same time, I have one that is exactly like this!!!

Well done BTW

Colin Knight
06-06-2010, 08:21 PM
The head angle is lacking on the bird, and missing completely on the fish. :)

Looks sharp and exposure is right on. It's amazing how the only dark spot in the BG is right behind the primaries on the left wing where a bit more separation from the background would be nice. What are the chances?

TFS!

christopher galeski
06-07-2010, 05:38 AM
very nice Axcel,dont mind the head angle,nice BG,plentyof detail,dont mind the half fish,adds a bit more color.thanks.

Kiran Poonacha
06-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Some pose bhai, loved the wing position, nice details and the light makes this for me, gives a nice pop..