View Full Version : Dunes Namib Desert

ken dyball
06-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Sand Dunes Namib Desert Namibia, no crop

Nikon D700, 300mm2.8, 1/200 f/20 Gitzo tripod

www.africanatureimages.com

Dave Mills
06-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Ken,Beautiful light along with a nicely layered comp. The ripples in the rear really stand out and would have liked a bit more definition in the foreground ripples. For my taste I would crop the image a little below the upper left black area...

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Ken,
I really like the flow of lines in this except for the top black that Dave mentions.....I think a crop down helps further emphasize those lines. You way want to try and lessen the brightness on the FG just a few points and up contrast......this may also help bring up more definition there.....although IMO......you don't need much as the balance and flow of the image is very nice! One of the places I am very excited about visiting!

peter delaney
06-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Ken
great image , agree with our "guru mods":) about the crop, but I would go a bit further ... as I love the outer worldly abstract look ..

Kobus Tollig
06-06-2010, 01:47 PM
GReat image here well done. I agree with Dave here. I like what Peter has done

Paul Marcellini
06-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I like the black corner frmaing, but with for a bit more of it to balance the lower right in a ying yang type of way. As is, I agree on a crop. A very engaging and interesting image though!

Robert Amoruso
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Ken,

As far as cropping the original post, I agree with Dave and Roman that the upper left dark part needs to go. It attracts the eye too much.

sandy richards
06-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Personally, I don't mind the upper left black area at all, as it balances the lower left. The 2 diagonal lines compliment the image very well.
I like the impact of Peter's suggestion on the contrast.
Very stunning image!

Sandy r