PDA

View Full Version : New Batch of Eggers

Danny J Brown
06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
A new batch of eggers for me and my wife. They are Cindy and Nosy (New Hampshire Reds) and Puff and Marge (Rhode Island Reds). They will soon be living the life as free range chickens and producing four, tasty brown eggs a day for us. We were down to one from the last batch from five years ago and she is pretty grumpy about these newcomers, refusing to pose with the rest of the gang.

DB

denise ippolito
06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Very nice group. What happened to the others?

Alfred Forns
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
What a crew !! Love it !! :)

Axel Hildebrandt
06-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Cute little guys, they look as if their eggs might be quite small. :)

Richard Waas
06-06-2010, 06:59 AM
What time is breakfast? Fabulous shot!!!

Julie Kenward
06-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Gosh I wish I could have chickens! I know they can be quite temperamental but fresh eggs every morning? Mmmm!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Too cute. Farm fresh, must be great!

Danny J Brown
06-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Gosh I wish I could have chickens! I know they can be quite temperamental but fresh eggs every morning? Mmmm!!!

Julie and Jackie: I was amazed at how much better fresh, brown eggs were than store-bought when we first started raising chickens. I didn't think I would even notice the difference but my wife knew I was crazy. You really miss them when you don't have them and Sissy finally went through "Henopause" and quit laying eggs a few months ago so we've been hurting.

DB

Danny J Brown
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Denise - We were renting the extra house on the farm to some people who decided they needed a Jack Rusell Terrier and when it escaped from its pen, two of the four met their end. Sissy is still alive after five years but isn't laying anymore. The fourth one had a stroke last year and could only use half of her body and wouldn't eat so I destroyed her. You will be happy to know that the renters are long gone and Joyce's parents are living in extra house now. Also, Sissy is starting to warm up to the the little ones. She has been pretty sad as chickens like company. She stands on our deck and looks at us through the French door most of the time.

Later - DB

Harshad Barve
06-10-2010, 01:22 AM
excellent capture Dannybhai
TFS