PDA

View Full Version : Curious Cuties

murray rothstein
03-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I was stalking a Yellow Crown in Ding Darling NWR with my longest non-zoom lens on camera when a family of raccoons appeared out of nowhere and started to approach. Before I knew it they were as close as this frame (no crop to speak of) and I had no place to back into so I took the shot as best I could. Does it make a picture?
Canon 20D, 300mm f/4.0 IS w 1.4 extender, 1/750 sec @ f/8.0, ISO 400, Av 0 comp. evaluative metering, selective sharpening & blurring in PS Elements.

Harold Davis
03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
very nice, murray. the whites look just a tad hot, but not bad. i like those innocent eyes. i like the compo too.

Nonda Surratt
03-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Nice framing and cute pose! Nice fur detail too. I wonder what a bit of eye contact would have done for the image? The two bit of oof rocks in the front look a bit odd to me. Still a very charming image!

Alfred Forns
03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
It does make a picture Would have pointed the camera lower and right Would like seeing the eyes framed differently The strongest compositional elements are the eyes Just look at them and try composing the image Will give you a better idea

Also the exposure is a little hot btw I know that family well !!!!