PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog

Ken Watkins
06-05-2010, 10:30 AM
We have always been lucky with Wild Dog in Botswana, we found these on the road back to Maun from Savute about 5km from the Mababe gate. Strangely they were sitting in the shade near the entrance to a hunting concession. Not good but acceptable for record purposes.

EOS 1D MkIII

28-300mm at 200mm hand-held from vehicle

F6.3, ISO 800, 1/500, EV + 0.33

Steve Kaluski
06-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Ken, any opportunity to photograph Wild dog is great irrespective of light, so it's good to see.

I do think somewhere there is a piece missing in the processing side as the images just look thin, but know it's there in the original. next time you are in the UK lets see if we can hook up as the Dollar is so poor I think SA will be too late. ;)

Hope yu don't mind, this is my very quick tweak, nothing I think you don't already do? How does it compare? Also look at it in PS too.

Steve:)

Alfred Forns
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I like the stronger contrast image !! Have been finding the pre-sets in curves working very well !! Worth exploring and lots of times don't have to do anything else (curves wise) !!

Lovely dog out in the open, setting looks great Ken !!

Ken Watkins
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Steve,

I must confess to processing this a little too quickly, during half time of the rugby:o

I'll look for a better one and take more time in future:)

Harshad Barve
06-09-2010, 07:19 AM
this species is on high wish list when I will be in Africa , love the relaxed pose here
TFS