PDA

View Full Version : Clematis Back

Anita Bower
06-05-2010, 05:05 AM
I took this as part of the recent macro challenge.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro with Cannon 500D close-up lens, f57 ("relative"), 2 sec., ISO 400, indoors, natural light, tripod, manual exposure and focus. PP: PS7, applied several soft focus overlays (duplicating image, blurring, enlarging by 1%, blending on normal with various opacities), Topaz Denoise (though it may not have needed it).

Julie Kenward
06-05-2010, 07:38 AM
I like it! I even like that you broke the ROT's with the stem in the corner! I think this is a great way to solve a "too blurry" stem and will have to remember it in the future. ;)

Lovely blues here, Anita. I love the way you can feel it almost blowing in the breeze. Very nice!

Jackie Schuknecht
06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Great feel Anita and I love the colour of blue. Good PP work.

Ken Childs
06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Jules' description of "blowing in the breeze" fits this really well. There's definitely a feeling of movement in this shot. The colors are nice and the comp looks great as is!

It's a good thing the ROT is actually a guideline. You wouldn't want to break any rules. ;)

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey Anita,
It's not that I live by the ROT rule....but I do feel it would have been more effective for me with the stem.....but obviously I am in the minority!
Very dreamlike. The soft look and PP'ing is outstanding!

Paul Lagasi
06-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Anita I like this, with the blue eminating from the from the stem...Very nice

Anita Bower
06-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you Paul, Roman, Ken, Jackie and Jules! I think I forgot to follow the ROT because when I saw this through the viewfinder, I got excited. My photos would probably be better if I remembered all those comp rules when I'm shooting. Maybe I should write them down! :)