PDA

View Full Version : White Crowned Sparrow

Andrew Merwin
06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Mrk3, tripod, ISO 800, 700mm, +.33 ev, f/5.6, 1/160, FF, sharpened, curves adjustment, cloned out poop under the tail, location: Pacific coast. I also lightened & sharpened the eye.

It was about 2 hours after dawn, completely overcast & drizzling rain between heavier rain showers when I shot this image. I had a towel covering the lens, camera, & my head while I was shooting this image. SS was very hard to maintain due to the weather & subsequent light conditions. As you can see, it was raining. The little guy looks cold & wet—maybe I am projecting how I was feeling.
Andrew

Lorant Voros
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Ah, poor little bird. The photo is very expressive.I almost feel cold myself here in Mexico :-) just by looking at it.

Looks like your focus point locked on the the wings and not on the eye. In the composition you have almost missed the tail and it would need some more room on the right. Perch isn't ideal, but it brought the bird to eye level. I love the background and the rain drops. TFS.

Lorant

Ray Rozema
06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Mood very well portrayed. the falling rain and the tiny water droplets on the bird are a big plus. Agree need little more to right. Unfortunate about the perch. But still very good.

Ray Rozema

Randy Stout
06-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Andrew:

Good thoughts above. I would consider cropping up a bit from the bottom to reduce the visual impact of the man made perch. About 1/2 of the free space below the tail. I would also consider adding a bit of canvas to the right for the tail as well.

Cheers

Randy