PDA

View Full Version : Too Graphic?

Dave Leroy
06-04-2010, 10:00 AM
If it is please remove.
We see lots of birds and fish or insects, but this one might be a bit closer to fine taste.
taken yesterday morning near mid day in the shadows. I cropped a bit, toned down some of the bright leaves and a couple exposure corrections to lighten up ant and one for the prey.
50D, 100mm f2.8 macro, 1/250, f/5.6, EC+1/3, ISO800. It is not quite as sharp as I would have liked so need more work on technique.

Dave Mills
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Dave, I think the image is not at all graphic. I see this all the time when I watch ants and am amazed the size of insects they can carry. This is a good example of that.
Most of the ant and prey look sharp to me. The image has a great storytelling aspect to it also.
I do think it needs a heavy crop to really zero in on the action. Very interesting image!

Rachel Hollander
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Another vote for an interesting image rather than too graphic. Now if it were a spider then I'd have a problem with it. :D Thanks for sharing.

Rachel

Lance Peters
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
HI Dave - NO - not too graphic at all - Great natural history image.
Would crop tighter to zero in on the action. Looks sharp were it needs to be.
Good show!!

Alfred Forns
06-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Dave Another vote for not graphic Would just like to be tighter which is tough with those little guys !

One of the reasons I went for the 180 to give me a little more room while framing, will use a 1.4 lots of times ... good but lots of focal length needing a tripod !!

Dave Leroy
06-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Crop tighter. Interesting. I do have a set of tubes and have not tried the 1.4 yet.

I am glad that sharpness is there but was worried about loss of quality with a crop.

Tks for comments.