PDA

View Full Version : Distant Hill

Mark Fuge
06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
This image was taken at Merritt Island and modified in CS4 for this week’s theme. Modification created the tallest hill in Florida! :D

Modifications included; Topaz Detail, Pinch Filter, Brightness & Contrast as well as Hue & Saturation adjustments.

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Mark, I like the top part of the image but feel the "hill" is too blurry, it hurts my eyes. I might crop most of the bottom part of the "hill" off if it were mine. I did a quicky but it will give you an idea.:)

Paul Lagasi
06-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Cool image, Mark...nice repost Denise

Mark Fuge
06-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Cheryl Slechta
06-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Neat idea, Mark. It really does have a 3D effect.:)

Kerry Perkins
06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Mark and Denise, I find that I like both versions a lot. The original is very dream-like and pulls your eye a certain way, and the repost pano crop is more immediate and focused on the bird. I find the pinch effect works really well in both versions. Both well done! :)

Mark Fuge
06-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Thank you Cheryl & Kerry for viewing and comments.

I too like the first one, while the second is another vision. I felt the original offers more impact, though I know it is also stronger. But appreciate all views as usual! ;) :D

I think the key to this image and the process was the location of the bird in the frame. Had it been along one of the borders, it would have failed. But the effect pulls it into the vortex of the other dimension. ;) Was a fun week.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I like both, but would like to see the bird a bit lighter. Nice surreal quality to it.

Mark Fuge
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for viewing and comments Jackie. Appreciate it.