PDA

View Full Version : Black tailed godwit in environment

thijs broekkamp
06-02-2010, 02:37 AM
By us in Holland the typical, classic picture of a black tailed godwit is on a wooden pole in the meadow. I took that kind of picture, but i liked this one more. between the grass and flowers, in his natural habitat.

Canon eos 30d,
Canon 300mm f4 with 1,4 converter
Handheld
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_1316bwrktsrgb.jpg

arash_hazeghi
06-02-2010, 02:42 AM
very nice composition with proportional inclusion of habitat and nice low angle. light was a bit on the harsh side and has created some shadows, overall the photo is small (800pixels) and the bird is too small in the frame to show all the details.

TFS

Tony Whitehead
06-02-2010, 03:29 AM
I am so used to seeing Godwits probing mudflats that it is nice to see one in a completely different habitat, Thijs. The OOF grass and flowers make a nice BG.

Daniel Cadieux
06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Very nice habitat image, works well for me. Good comp, it would have been tempting to crop a bit more at right...but I like it as is with the inclusion of the well placed flowers in URC. I'm not crazy about the grass shadow creeping up on the godwit's chest, and you could tone down thwe one grass blade sticking up from the top of the head. Overall well done!

Joe Senzatimore
06-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Never saw one on a pole , or antwhere for that matter. I love the habitat and a very cool looking bird. TFS.

Fabs Forns
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Very nice habitat, I like the size it is, and just would tone down the piece of grass sticking out of his head. TFS.