PDA

View Full Version : Red-Shouldered Hawk

Raul Quinones
03-02-2008, 08:39 PM
I am a major lurker of this site and have been reluctant to post after seen some very impressive post. Finally I worked up the courage, I have been shooting for few years only, but it has become an obsession. I managed to improve a little after the first year, but now it seems I have been stuck and picture quality has not improved. I have been reading and looking at many high quality pictures, but I still can find the way to leap frog.... my guess at this point there is no substitute for practice and experience.

Saludos,
Raul

James Salywoda
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
First off let me welcome you to BPN!!! I hope this is a start of many more images to come.
Raul you did a fantastic job with this shot especially considering the angle of natural light.
Also you did a nice job using a flash.I took it upon me to take alittle of the catch light from the eye from the flash and gave the image just a touch more Smart Sharpening.... Keep the images coming:)

Axel Hildebrandt
03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Very nice first post, Raul! Very nice pose and eye contact. The repost helps this image, I like the sharpening and 'steel eye' removal of the slightly overflashed eye.

Lana Hays
03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Welcome, Raul
I was going to suggest a touch of sharpening and to remove the "Steel Eye" when I saw the original. Then I noticed that James already did it. This is a very attractive image. Nice composition and colors. I like the BG......it seems to give the image some depth.

Raul Quinones
03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks, the edits does make a great difference... I never consider re-touching the eye (don't know why). Is very hard for me to judge sharpening, I already sharpen the picture before posting, but I am always afraid to over sharpen my images the sharpening by James does make the image looks better.

Thanks again,
Raul

Fabs Forns
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Great welcome, Raul, lovely first post, made even better bu the edit.

Will be looking forward to more from you :)

James Salywoda
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Your welcome Raul were all here to help each other.:)

Jim Poor
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Really nice first image. Welcome aboard.