PDA

View Full Version : something different

Charles Senkus
03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
shot this today- not the best image but unique 40D, 100-400 L, 1/1600shutter, f/5.6, av spot metering

Stephen Stephen
03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Charles nice interaction here. The whites are quite hot on the harrier but you may be able to recover some detail. I hope that you don't mind but I've reduced the contrast and adjusted the gamma correction and saturation a bit to show you what I mean.

Alfred Forns
03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Charles One point that I can make here is regarding the exposure method Not sure why would you want to use spot? Would work fine if you use it for manual but for Av you are shooting yourself on the foot

If the meter catches the bird or the sky there will be a different reading with any compensation The birds are in the same light but the exposure will be different Would suggest going to manual if you want to use spot Best to use the multi metering (evaluative) and do the compensation

When I was shooting Canon (Mk3) There was a custom function that would let you take things out which you did not use The first I removed was the spot metering I think I left the evaluative only

Charles Senkus
03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
i used spot because i didn't have time to change, i was shooting the female on the ground and at that time felt spot would help-which i think it did but then the red tail flew in and out of nowhere comes the male -i only got a couple frames -and he chased the red tail off.