PDA

View Full Version : D300 function button settings

Josh O'Donnell
01-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm curious what settings other D300 (or D3) users are using for the Fn and other customizable buttons? I currenlty have the Fn button set to Center-Weight metering and the DOF preview button to Spot-metering. I would guess that 90% of the time I use manual exposure with matrix metering but when the need arises I like to be able to simply press a button to change the meter type and adjust my exposure settings accordingly.

I'm still trying to get this camera figured out, I made a BIG jump when I upgraded from my old D50 and am just curious if others are using different settings that might be more useful/logical.

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Josh that would depend on what type of image are you taken

Metering I use the Multi most of the time Never use the Center-Weight or spot Will look at my D3 settings and post tonight
btw one thing you should try is the dynamic AF I'm amazed !!!!

Jason Vaclavek
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
On my D200 I have the func button set to disable the flash. It has been very usefull for me set like that.
I will probably set it the same way when I get the D300.

Nancy A Elwood
01-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I have the FN button on my D300 set to give me the different AF points, ie 9,21,51 etc.

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
On my D300 the Fn button is set to change to the AF points when using it in AF-C Dynamic.
The DOF is set to Bracketing Burst.

It is so easy to change the metering functions, so this is the setup I decided on.

I love the that I can change the AF pattern "on the fly". Light birds against water gives 3D a little trouble.
I switch to 9 point then. Other than that 3D is awesome!