PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Rainforest

Jamie Douglas
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I went for a walk along Long Beach, Tofino, Vancouver Island and noticed these strange patterns in the sand that look just like a dead forest. Was this a look into the future?

Mike Fuhr
06-01-2010, 06:44 AM
EERIE! Way to keep you eyes open for neat captures!:)

Dave Mills
06-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Jamie, Great eye on this. At first I thought it was something you created. Quite unique and interesting.
If you took a bit off the right it would make for a stronger comp...

Roman Kurywczak
06-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Jamie,
Please post all the specs....SS, f-stop, ISO, camera and focal length so that others may learn from your work.
Are you saying there wasn't any PP'ing filters applied to this? If not, very cool patterns indeed....if yes, still very cool and very well seen....just will also copy it to OOTB. The lines and textures make this one for me! Haven't been to Tofino in quite some time....always had fond memories of my visit many years ago!
I do like Dave's idea of a small crop off right (about the 2 in sig) but that will just help strengthen a very stong presentation.

Hilary Hann
06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
What an interesting perspective. I was also going to ask about PPing … either way the image is very strong and artistic.

Dave Leroy
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Let's hope not Jamie.

Excellent eye and imagination.
Very nicely exposed.

Robert Amoruso
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Jamie,

Please post the technicals for the image (camera, lens, exposure) and the workflow beyond the normal as I am sure some want to know.

Good suggestion on the right crop. Great job seeing and composing this stunning image.

Jamie Douglas
06-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi excuse the late response. I am glad folk enjoyed this ( I aint creative enough with a stick to draw something ike this). Here are the techs... was raining heavily but had the camera on a tripod.

I have also posted the original, the main image thread might be a tad overdone in CS3 but I wanted to exagerate the pattern. Only PP'ing was going into CS3 ajustments and clicking auto adjust together with some sharpening.

Shooting Date/Time 22/01/2010 2:24:32 PM
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Lens EF17-40mm f/4L USM
B&W Polarizer

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/8
Av( Aperture Value ) 11.0
ISO Speed 100
Focal Length 33.0mm
Exposure Compensation -1
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
AF Mode One-Shot AF
AF area select mode Zone AF

Jamie Douglas
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey Jamie,
Please post all the specs....SS, f-stop, ISO, camera and focal length so that others may learn from your work.
Are you saying there wasn't any PP'ing filters applied to this? If not, very cool patterns indeed....if yes, still very cool and very well seen....just will also copy it to OOTB. The lines and textures make this one for me! Haven't been to Tofino in quite some time....always had fond memories of my visit many years ago!
I do like Dave's idea of a small crop off right (about the 2 in sig) but that will just help strengthen a very stong presentation.

Hi Roman, were you going to post this to OOTB? If so thanks and I look forward to the comments.

Ramesh Adkoli
06-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Very nicely seen and presented, Jamie. It has a very powerful visual impact. TFS.

regards,
ramesh