Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro w/12mm tube and 1.4x extender
Av mode
1"
F10
ISO:100
LR & CS3

This is the eye of a Cope's Grey Treefrog
I brought it inside to take the shot and his eye did a good job of capturing the view of my backyard. I had to save this at a small size and low quality setting to get it to fit the file size restrictions.

Thomas Herou
05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Cool!
I've heard of fisheye,but not frogeye!:D
Well executed idea!

Anita Bower
06-01-2010, 04:56 AM
I can't imagine how you got the frog in the right position and still enough for this photo. It is fantastic. Love the reflection in the eye. I like all the contrasts here: straight lines around reflection against all the circles, the blue/green of the landscape against the B&W around the eye. The blue/green on the outside of the eye connects with the colors of the landscape. Wish the right side were sharper, but....

Alfred Forns
06-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Way cool Ken !!! Love it !! .... you have met and surpassed the challenge Big Congrats !!!

Roman Kurywczak
06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Hey Ken,
Very impressive given the specs!!! 1 second!!!Might have tried to eek out some more ISO for speed as I am not quite as brave but it does appear shrarp where needed and the fallof at this magnificatin and f10 is expected. I'd definitely consider toning down the LRC....but very impressive and glad to see you dove into (yeah, bad pun) the challenge!!!

Christopher Miller
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
That's quite a closeup, Ken!! Excellent idea and well-executed. The highlights look a little bright to me.

Steve Adkins
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Ken, This is awesome! Looks like a beautiful day.;)

OvidiuCavasdan
06-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Good idea well executed!!! Cool eye details and nice blue sky! Excellent!
I think I'm seeing a bird in the blue sky!;)

Mike Moats
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Sure are some great challenge images. This one is way cool Ken. Great close-up and great catching the reflection. Nice details.

Jerry van Dijk
06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi Ken, very creative thinking. I may have liked it even more if the landscape in your 'frog eye lens' wasn't framed by your window. Compression does seem to have compromised some of the quality of your image.

Adrian David
06-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Excellent idea and great execution! Nice details and clear reflection with great details.How close were you and how big was the frog....:)?

Ken Childs
06-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks to all for your comments. :)

Adrian, the frog was about 2½ inches long and was about 6 inches from the end of the lens

Julie Kenward
06-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Absolutely amazing, Ken! What made you even think to do this? I also wish the right side were more in focus and there were a bit more room around the eye overall - but that reflection is killer!!!

Ken Childs
06-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Absolutely amazing, Ken! What made you even think to do this? I also wish the right side were more in focus and there were a bit more room around the eye overall - but that reflection is killer!!!
Thanks, Jules.
Originally I was trying just for a shot of the eye but once I was able to get the frog to settle down, the reflection showed up so I moved the frog around to get it centered.

If I'm lucky enough to get the right combo of conditions and find a frog, I'll try this again outside so I get a better reflection.

Greg Ruckert
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Awesome. I am still at the stage of finding things when I look at a picture rather than setting out to achieve something so creative.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Everything has been said but I really like the clouds and sky! cool picture.