PDA

View Full Version : River Hues

Ramesh Adkoli
05-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Here is an image of a section of a river among the Western Ghats of southern India. I captured it one early morning just as the sun rose over the hill and tried to show the warm hues of that time. Appreciate your views.

D700, 70-200mm VRII @190mm, 1s, f/11, ND filter, tripod mount, slight crop on LHS and top.
CNX2, exposure, curves, levels, WB

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi Ramesh. I like this type of image and shoot alot of these in the fall with colored water. I cropped the image from the top and right to accentuate the water over the rock. I also added a bit to the left to show you how I would of positioned the rock in order to give more flow to the front.

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2010, 03:34 PM
HI Ramesh,
While i agree with Dave that his placement would have been a better place to position the rock I do feel that you can also try something different with your OP if you so chose.....I would clone/patch the 2 top areas and then crop down to more of a pano.....leaving some of the flow curves as comp elements. I did also play with warming the colors....just to show another possible option. I like the way you break scenes down to their simplist forms and capture something many overlook!

Hilary Hann
06-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Obviously this image really works because I like all versions of the OP. Beautiful tonal range and flow.

Ramesh Adkoli
06-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks a lot, Dave, Roman and Hilary. Appreciate your taking time to show different possibilities.

Roman, thanks for that observation. I try to look for something unique from the subject to present, not that i am successful all the time, it just makes it more challenging.

regards,
ramesh