PDA

View Full Version : Just the Two of Us

Richard Waas
05-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Here's another image of the Blue and Gold Macaws in their new home. More to come. Canon 1D MK IV, EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 300mm (390mm), ISO 800, f/10.0, 1/500 sec, Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Auto WB, No Flash. Comments Welcome.....

Lance Peters
05-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Hi Richard - lovely birds - lots to like here - two good HA'S and a lovely wingspread - thinking I might have tried to move them out of the centre a little - could just be my tastes of course!!
Truly stunning birds!!

Richard Waas
05-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Lance, I did crop a wee bit, but with the open wing on the one side and them looking to the left where you usually leave space I was confused. So at least I put them in the upper 3rd. Please rework and show me your crop....

Lance Peters
05-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Lance, I did crop a wee bit, but with the open wing on the one side and them looking to the left where you usually leave space I was confused. So at least I put them in the upper 3rd. Please rework and show me your crop....

Could not come up with anything I was really happy with - so went outside the box :)
That 2nd bird was the problem and evicted him - LOL

IMHO - Changes the story too much - maybe if you had not seen the original. This guy is the star of this shot!!

Richard Waas
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Lance, I agree that the bird on the right is the star; however, it is a tale about the 2 birds and setting up a new nest. I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find an interesting crop. Let's see who else has an idea.

Ann Fiske
05-31-2010, 09:13 AM
How about this? :confused:

Alfred Forns
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
I like it anyway you slice it !!! .... and want to see that nest Richard :) Sweet !!! Just need to shoot at perfect sun angle and with longest lens + teleconverter to flatten the perspective !!

.. any chance you can get one of those buckets they use for construction .. eye level would be nice :D:)

Dave Leroy
05-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Lovely shot and I really like both ha's and eye contact. Perfect.

I don't mind the original comp. and as a suggestion you could add a bit of canvas to the left and take a tiny sliver off the right.

I wonder if they would come to ground for a nice shot if offered some fruit or other suitable food?

Richard Waas
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey Al, maybe drive the motorhome over and get up on the roof.

Dave Mills
05-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Richard, I like the image along with the lighting and sharpness of the two birds. I don't mind the angle and might add a bit to the left to see if it helps...

Bill Dix
05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Gorgeous birds. I agree the story is the two together. Tough to know how to improve on the OP, but I'd try cropping a tad off the right and adding to the left, but not so much as to create a large empty space. Looking for the next installment.