PDA

View Full Version : The Point Man

Gus Cobos
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
This little guy is one of the locals in Wakodahatchee Wetlands. He was painted with a Nikon D70s and a Nikkor 300mm f/4D.
Focal length @ 630mm with a 1.4 T/C / exposure comp 0EV / ISO - 250
WB set on auto / matrix metering / 1/640 sec - f/5.6 / saturation normal

Comments greatly appreciated,

Gus Cobos...:cool:

Dave Phillips
03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Gus, nice comp on this.
Appears to be a hefty crop ........ getting closer will help a lot in the detail department.
If this is a big crop, I suggest being very cautious of sharpening halos as seen around perimeter.

most importantly, ya got a shot! :)

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice pose on this GBH. It is amazing what little tweaks can do to change an image. I just selected the eye and saturated it 15, then used a hard edged brush about the same size as the pupil to make it more defined.

I would usually sharpen the whole eye a bit too, but there is already enough posterization from compression (the bands in the sky are in the first post, and become more evident when compressed again) so I left the sharpening out.

Alfred Forns
03-03-2008, 02:02 PM
From the image size and being at that place don't think is a big crop Something is going on with the processing Would love to get the original to find out

On an image like this one it is easy to select the blue bg inverse then sharpen the bird Will avoid all sort of problems !!!