PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Hole & Yellowstone

adambaca
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
My wife and I are going to be in Jackson Hole next week with a few days spent in Yellowstone. Has anyone been up here recently and seen any Grizzly activity?

Thanks.

--Adam

carole wiley
05-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Check out the "ynet forum" there are lots of up to the minute trip reports telling you where to find whatever you are looking for, and many photos. good luck, I am going in June...

Alfred Forns
05-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Good luck Adam Cant give you any specific in the Jackson area but you should be able to see bears in Lamar Valley at this time of the year ... just need a little luck !!! Short drive now with the South Gate open !!

Mark Hardymon
05-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I was in Yellowstone last Thurs. just for the day. Saw a small black bear along the road between Mammoth and Tower Falls. Later in the day we came across a mother grizzly and two cubs with an elk kill. She was on the road between Old Faithful and Madison, along the Firehole River. By the time we got there the activity had slowed, she was sleeping, but from talking with some of the others there, she and her cubs were quite active earlier. I only had my 200-400 with 1.4 and it was getting late in the day so my shots were not all that great. Also one of the paths at the Mud Volcano was closed due to recent bear activity. If you're going to be there for a couple of days, you may get lucky. Best of luck, have a great time!!