PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake Canyon

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Got to do a different slot this time on my tour to Arches/Canyonlands. Not quite as pretty as upper antelope but no zoo either! Many possiblities in these places so if you get the chance.....a must visit!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 40mm and f22 for 1.3 sec. at ISO 100 all tripod mounted. Slight crop bottom and left. Saved at 63 quality to fit.

Harold Davis
05-29-2010, 06:42 PM
wow, cant believe noone commented yet!! we really need to drum up some business in here!!

this is a neat perspective and i like how the corners and sides are darkened giving the light the ability to flow from the top. looks great to me!!

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey H....thanks!!!....it is Memorial Day weekend....many people away this weekend!

Hilary Hann
05-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Sorry, I've been busy in Wildlife and OOTB so haven't commented here much! :o

I've liked all these images showing the rock formation, striations and colours and this is no exception, my only question is whether it would have been possible to have more detail in the "black hole" at the bottom. A little painting with light somehow? Probably not possible and wouldn't want to lose the nice 'V' shape in the rocks but that is the only thing I don't absolutely love about the photograph.

Dave Mills
05-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Roman, Exposure and lighting very well handled. Good offset placement of the opening with wood debris as a center of interest. The color and flowing lines are also a plus...

Mike Fuhr
05-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree -- it's been a bit sparse at times!

Roman, I really like the composition on this one, and nice rich colors. Really like the dark shadows. One question -- what are the white spots to the right of the large branch? Water droplets ore something on the wall?

Don Lacy
05-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi Roman, wonderful lines and I like the placement of the weathered wood in the image. Like Hilary I am having issues with the large dark area at the bottom of the image my eye wants to go to the brightest part of the image the wood but since the dark area is large it keeps pulling my eye back towards it.

Harshad Barve
05-31-2010, 11:05 PM
No idea about how to comment on landscape images but I lIKED this very much , excellent
TFS

Hilary Hann
05-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Harshad, I think it is enough sometimes to just LIKE an image.

Don Hamilton Jr.
06-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Hilary Well said, i can see the "dark" point, however, i see thru it for capture of the beaty! Roman, different perspective...Very cool image!
Don

Roman Kurywczak
06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi All,
Thanks for the comments! Interestingly enough I intentionally darkened that part (maybe too much for some!) to accentuate the lines of the V.
Great observations all around and Harshad.....sometimes it is just OK to say you like it!