PDA

View Full Version : Coral Cove Morning Jupiter

Don Hamilton Jr.
05-29-2010, 10:50 AM
First venture into Landscapes. Big thks to Don Lacy for showing me around Jupiter.
Thks for your input,
PS blended Image, 2 combined in PS
7d, 10-22mm,F16 @ 2.5 s, M, spot meter tripod

peter delaney
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Don
you have done very well for your first venture, lovely composition , love that the rocks do not break horizon, good conversion,

would love to have had water flowing around all the rocks

peter

Dave Mills
05-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi Don, Welcome with a strong first post. The image is framed well along with a good B&W conversion. Good detail in the rocks along with an interesting sky. I also like the fact you didn't merge the rocks with the horizon line. The long exposure gave the water a pleasing silky look.
Finally I like the fact you offset the the dominant rock near the center. Very well handled!

Bibhav Behera
05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Nicely done... The placement of the rocks and the silky water movement looks good. TFS

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey Don,
Very nice first post! Yeah, the water flowing around may have added another element but I think you have composed this very nicely. Excellent rock seperation and very nicely done on not letting the rock touch the horizon. I like the B&W conversion but do want to know why?.....not much color in the sky? Very nicely done with the blend too!

Harold Davis
05-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I like the B&W conversion but do want to know why?.....not much color in the sky?

now roman, you know we never get any color in FL!!:D that's why i hate doing landscapes here.

don, i think you did really well here for all the reasons mentioned above. a little more action from the water would have made it even nicer, but you had no control of that. i would like to see the color version.

Hilary Hann
05-30-2010, 03:16 AM
I really like this image and I'm trying hard to put into words why. Sometimes landscapes shouldn't be analysed just enjoyed but I'll give it a shot.
I think the lines in the sky and the rocks are drawing the viewer into the picture and into another world, and to me that is one of the most powerful things a photograph can/should do … takes us somewhere else.

That being said, the image works for me and that is good enough. It would be fun to see the colour, just to see if the same feeling was conveyed but I notice not many people ask to see colour images in black and white or sepia so I'm happy to leave this as a view of what you imagined. Well done.

Kobus Tollig
06-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Nice one here well done i would like a bit more contrast