PDA

View Full Version : Clover

Ken Childs
05-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro (can't remember if I was using any tubes)
Av mode
1/2000"
F2.8
ISO:400
CS3

Shot outside where it was growing. Some of the yellows look a bit hot but in this case, I like them that way. High ISO and fast SS were used because it was windy.

Cheryl Flory
05-29-2010, 08:13 AM
wow. love this one too. Ken, you went and did it again, posting such a gorgeous image! You certainly give us beginners a lot to aspire to!

I really like how it seems to be growing up out of nothing/blur as the base of the stem fades into the bg. After looking at this for awhile, I keep wishing there was just a tiny bit more dof in order to bring the tips of the back petals into focus......as long as that did not diminish the blur on that great background.

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Ken,
Well you mentioned the brightest yellows and that is my only issue with this. I think toning them down a touch wont take away from the graphic element but as presented now it distracts slightly/hold my attention a bit too long from enjoying the subtle fade of the stem into that wonderful BG! Perhaps pulling back on the brightness of just the front petal? I find the DOF just fine as there is enough sharpness on the front greenery and I like how it gently falls off.
Let's see what others chime in also.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Simple and very effective! About yellows...would like to see side by side the two versions, one with the yellows toned down, and then decide...

Anita Bower
05-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I like this very much! The yellows are OK with me, but then, I liike over-the-top colors. Lovely way the stem emerges from the etherial bg. How did you manage to get this in focus with wind and f.28? Well done! Just Lovely!!

Julie Kenward
05-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm with Roman on this one. It's a beautifully simple image but that one hot spot really grabs my attention. I very slight tweak and I think you'd be golden (pun intended!)

Very nice DOF - love that fade away to nothing look!

Ken Childs
05-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'll take a shot at toning down the yellows.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Very nice composition mate. I also find the yellows a tad hot but that's not a big problem for me, please keep them coming.