View Full Version : Rose

OvidiuCavasdan
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/COV_2006/NewDawn5378_2R.jpg
40D, EF100mm Macro
F/2.8
1/400sec
ISO 250
"New Dawn" climbing rose, natural light, slightly croped, s/h, levels.
Suggestions are welcome!

Julie Kenward
05-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Suggestions are welcome!

I suggest you do nothing to it! Beautiful comp, lighting, everything. Okay, if you want to get REALLY picky, you might clone over that partial petal at the very top of the frame on the right side of the full petal - but that's being REALLY REALLY picky.

How did you do the lighting here, Ovidiu? Did you get it this light and bright in pp or in field? It's LOVELY! Tell us more!

OvidiuCavasdan
05-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks Julie. It was cloudy, but kind of very thin layer of white clouds. In camera image is just a bit brighter but no clippings. Have searched for a good looking bloom, cut it from the plant and used a clamp and cheap tripod for the bloom. SS is 1/400 but camera was on tripod.

kostas nianiopoulos
05-29-2010, 06:18 AM
in few words i love Ovidiu !

Ken Childs
05-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Ovidiu, this is definitely another winner! Great comp and soft look. The only thing I would change would be to work on the grayish area towards the upper left. That abrupt color change is drawing my eye away from the nice petal swirl. Maybe lightly cloning over that area with some of the pink that's just to the right would be all that's needed.

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Simply outstanding!!! You placed the focal point perfectly and I love how it radiates out from that point with the DOF fallofff being just right! Great work!!!

Anita Bower
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
My main suggestion is that you give us classes in seeing and capturing such beauty! Just lovely! Great color and composition and spot on focus. Like Ken, the only minor improvement might be to work on the bit of grey/yellow (?) towards upper left. Nice job.