PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wagtail

Jonathan Ashton
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500 L IS & 1.4TC Tripod, ISO 640 1/250 sec f6.3
These little guys are hardly still for a second, as the name implies they constantly wag their tails and bob their heads up and down, this is a juvenile, all comments welcome

Daniel Cadieux
05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Nice bird, pose, and setting. I would crop at bottom to just above the small central rock and at right to eliminate about half the upright rock, and apply some NR to the BG. You may also want to eliminate the small light areas touching the bird's forehead and chest.

Jeff Parker
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
The bird looks good, but it's too centered for my taste. Maybe crop some off the bottom and right?

Bill Dix
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Beautifully sharp, lovely colors. Well done for a fidgety bird! Daniel hit my points about the crop and light spots, although if you take some off the bottom and right (which will help to get rid of some distracting rocks), you might also need to take just a tad off the top in my opinion. This will make a very handsome image even better.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Agree with above comments. Beautiful bird and a very striking image with the dark BG. Really makes the bird pop. fine work and thanks for sharing.