PDA

View Full Version : Cloud forest Zoom Blur

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Hello everybody!

I am not so familiar with landscape photography but I have been practicing more and more lately.

I want to share with you this image of a cloud forest made using the zoom blur technique. The white on the left is a pristine creek that was part of the BG. Can you tell the different plant species in this picture?

Canon 30D
Canon 16-35@16mm
f/18
ISO 100
SS1.3sec
Exp. comp -1
FF
Tripod
Minor PS work

Comments and suggestions welcome as always. :)

Dave Mills
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Juan, This image would be better suited in OOTB...

Greg Basco
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Juan Carlos, I think you executed this image very well here; just the right amount of sharpness to blur to my eye. Ok, the plant quiz -- I see some Melastomataceae, something probably in Acanthaceae on the right, Chameadorea palms toward the back, a Philodendron on the tree trunk at right, and of course some ferns. Did I miss any? Was this at Bosque de Paz?

Cheers,
Greg

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Juan, This image would be better suited in OOTB...
Hello

Well I uploaded it in here because it is a landscape image but I have no problem if must be moved to out of the box forum.:)

Roman Kurywczak
05-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey Juan,
While this may actually belong in OOTB.....I will leave it here and copy it to that forum also.
I think you have achieved a pretty cool effeect with the zoom blur. For me you could further strengthen this by trying to bring up some of the darker areas with selective levels layers or even some dodging and burning....just will increase the effect even more. I think you have a nice amount of blur....not overdone. Looking forward to seeing more of your landscape work!

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Juan Carlos, I think you executed this image very well here; just the right amount of sharpness to blur to my eye. Ok, the plant quiz -- I see some Melastomataceae, something probably in Acanthaceae on the right, Chameadorea palms toward the back, a Philodendron on the tree trunk at right, and of course some ferns. Did I miss any? Was this at Bosque de Paz?

Cheers,
Greg
Hello Greg!

Yes, this was at Bosque de Paz, we were trying to get to a nice waterfall but the creek had a lot of water and it was difficult to cross it (both backpacks were very heavy!) so we decided to stay in that area for security reasons.

You have a 100% score on the plants ID!:)

Greg Basco
05-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Cool, do I get a free t-shirt?

Cheers,
Greg

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Cool, do I get a free t-shirt?

Cheers,
Greg
Not for this one, (it was easy for you!) but a free cap for sure!

Harold Davis
05-29-2010, 03:43 PM
juan carlos, i agree with roman. some dodging of the center and burning of the edges might make this stronger. i like the thinking with this one. nice zoom blur!!