PDA

View Full Version : Intruder

Judy Bakstran
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi this is my first time posting. I just got my first DSLR camera in September and have been enjoying taking lots of photos since. I had a very old minolta and an old digital olympus. I took this photo February 24, 2008 in Tallahassee, Florida. It is an intruder osprey hovering over the nest while a resident osprey was present.
My camera is a Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
Lens: Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS USM
Details: 1/2000, f/7.1, AP, 400 ISO, 390mm, -0.33 Exposure Compensation, PMM, NoFlash, Handheld

Any suggestions are most welcomed. :)

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Judy, and welcome aboard. Nice action here and a good pose on the top bird. Too bad the one in the nest wasn't facing sideways a bit. Butt shots of birds are real hard to pull off, but the addition of the second bird coming in lessens that negative a bit.

If you are comfortable with doing so, I would recommend cloning out the bottom bird and making this a landing image. If you want to keep the bottom bird, you might consider cloning out some of the sticks that jut way out of the next, especially on the left.

On an admin note, please send a PM to Al Forns with your full name so he can add it to bring you in line with the BPN guidlines:

4. You must register using your real name, first and last. You may not register with multiple identities.

Nice work, and keep them coming :D

Maxis Gamez
03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Judy,

Love the action and wings position. You did well with the composition. I would clone out the stick at the very far left on the frame.

Congratulations and glad to have you with us.

keep them coming!

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Judy,weicome to BPN!
I really like the action and the wing position,I would prefered a more soft light!

Judy Bakstran
03-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! It is great to have points mentioned that you didn't think about it and I hope to start looking at all the photos everyday and learning more from the comments. Thanks Again!

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Judy and welcome !!! This is a lovely image with good exposure and nice action as well as nicely framed. As already mentioned it would be great to see the osprey in the nest and have eye contact. Nature does not always cooperate though. Many thanks for sharing and we will look forward to your future posts.