PDA

View Full Version : I can't see my images on photoshop ???

Adams Serra
03-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I am looking for help, when i open some of my folders on bridge the images do not show.

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
We're probably going to need more details. Screen shots might help too.

First, are you sure the images reside in the folders you are opening? Can you see the files using finder or whatever file manager you use outside of Bridge?

Adams Serra
03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
We're probably going to need more details. Screen shots might help too.

First, are you sure the images reside in the folders you are opening? Can you see the files using finder or whatever file manager you use outside of Bridge?
Hi Jim,
Yes i know for sure the pictures are there, i can see them using other programs (Breeze Browser). Whem i open the files on bridge, it shows the # of pictures in the file but the images do not show. This just started yesterday.

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Did you change / install anything yesterday?
I'm not very up on Bridge, but maybe someone who is will have the magic bullet.

Adams Serra
03-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Did you change / install anything yesterday?
I'm not very up on Bridge, but maybe someone who is will have the magic bullet.
No i did not,
I dowloaded new images in to the folder, the new images show up ok, but the images that was there before dont show at all

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Hmm, OK I'm at the end of my Bridge knowledge now. Hopefully someone will be more help.

Adams Serra
03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Hmm, OK I'm at the end of my Bridge knowledge now. Hopefully someone will be more help.
thank you Jim.

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Adams,

Not being a Bridge user I have nothing to offer. I do use it occasionally and have never noticed this issue.

E.J. Peiker
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Have you updated to the latest version of Camera RAW? If you are using a camera that didn't exist yet when CS3 was released it won't work. Simply update via the Updates section under help in Photoshop and it will take care of the prolem.

If you have updated to the latest and it does this, launc Bridge while holding down the CTRL ALT SHIFT (Command Option Shift on Mac) keys. If this doesn't work, you will have to purge the cache and rebuild it.

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Have you updated to the latest version of Camera RAW? If you are using a camera that didn't exist yet when CS3 was released it won't work. Simply update via the Updates section under help in Photoshop and it will take care of the prolem.

If you have updated to the latest and it does this, launc Bridge while holding down the CTRL ALT SHIFT (Command Option Shift on Mac) keys. If this doesn't work, you will have to purge the cache and rebuild it.

Thanks E.J.

Adams Serra
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM

Hi E.J.

I've used cs3 and canon mkIII since last october, never had any problems until late last friday.I downloaded some new pictures into a folder, when i was finished downloading I opened the folder and the new images were there but the existing ones won't show.On the bottom of the folder appeared the # of pictures in that folder but the icons are not there.
Should I uninstall photoshop an then reinstall??

Jim Poor
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
First I would do the CTRL ALT SHIFT thing he recommended. That will reset the settings to make sure that something didn't get "bumped" or changed accidentally.

Adams Serra
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
I called Adobe today and got Bridge working again.I did CTRL ALT SHIFT when the new window came up i selected all 3 options and pressed ok.
Thank you all for the help.