PDA

View Full Version : Frogger

Mike Fuhr
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I haven't been able to post anything in macro in what seems like forever. Here's a shot I took early today. Some crop (20%) and clean-up of the water. C and C welcome...

Nikon D300
100-300 @ 300
F 6.3
1/250
ISO 400
Hand held

Cheryl Flory
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Is that your reflection in the frog's eye??? :)
I like its reflection in the water, but without seeing more of its body through the water it gives a feeling of a floating head.... I think I would crop out more of the water to focus more on the frog....

Julie Kenward
05-27-2010, 07:35 AM
I love this one, Mike! (We've missed you BTW). Yes, it does look like a floating head but the reflection anchors it enough for me. Only thing I can think of to add to this already lovely image is a possible brightening in curves of the eyeball. Try selecting just the eye, open a curves adjustment layer and then pull the whites up a tiny bit and the darks down a tiny bit and see if it adds any more sparkle to what is already very nice.

Beautiful work on the water, too.

Mike Fuhr
05-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Is that your reflection in the frog's eye??? :)
I like its reflection in the water, but without seeing more of its body through the water it gives a feeling of a floating head.... I think I would crop out more of the water to focus more on the frog....

That is my reflection -- I hadn't noticed that!

Thanks Jules, it's good to be shooting and posting again. :D

Anita Bower
05-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I like it! Kind of cute.

Thomas Herou
05-29-2010, 05:44 AM
I like the reflection in the water and the comp works for me.
Maybe the colorcast in the water should be a bit desaturated (the blue/cyan channel)

Mike Fuhr
05-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I like the reflection in the water and the comp works for me.
Maybe the colorcast in the water should be a bit desaturated (the blue/cyan channel)

I didn't do anything to the saturation level of the water -- it's just the reflection of the sky behind it. I'll play with it a bit.