PDA

View Full Version : And the Challenge Is...

Julie Kenward
05-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Here comes summer...the busiest time for the macro/flora forum! As I said earlier this is a time for us to break out of our little boxes and try something new so the Macro/Memorial Day Challenge this year is...

(Drum roll please!)

Mini/Micro/Macro!

That's right, everyone...how small can you get and how low can you go? Pull out the extension tubes, the macro lenses, the lensbabies...whatever you have and GET IN SUPER CLOSE! Use whatever you have in your arsenal of equipment - whatever lens works - whatever accessory helps - dive in and crop close! Remember, we're looking for something very small that can fill the frame!

Images must be nature-based and can be of anything that would normally be featured in the Macro/Flora forum (i.e. flowers, leaves, plants, mushrooms, insects, & very small critters). The photo must be taken between this Thursday, May 27th and Sunday, May 30th but HOLD YOUR PHOTO FOR POSTING UNTIL MEMORIAL DAY, MAY 31st!

When you post your favorite mini/micro/macro photo put "Challenge: (Title of Your Image)" right in the title so we know you are submitting your image for the purpose of the Challenge. Any image that doesn't have "Challenge" in the title will still be critiqued but won't be considered part of the challenge.

Voting will begin on Tuesday, June 1st and run through Thursday, June 3rd. Winner will be announced Friday morning!

You may comment or critique the challenge images on Monday but hold your vote until Tuesday through Thursday so everyone gets their entry in. When you find the one image you think is the best image to fit the challenge, leave a comment under that image that says:

"THIS IS THE WINNER!"

(Yes, that means you only get one "yes" vote per person - so choose wisely!)

Whoever has the most 'winner' comments by the end of the day Thursday wins the challenge and the bragging rights of winning the BPN Macro Memorial Day Challenge!

If you have questions about the contest, leave them here and I'll stop in and answer them as I see 'em or you can send me a private message if you'd prefer.

The contest is open to all BPN members and all forum contributors. (Moderators are excluded from winning the contest.) Bring your big guns and show us what you've got when the subject is Mini/Micro/Macro! :D

Fabs Forns
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for facilitating this, Jules, if we have a chance, we'll try too.

Good luck to all participants!

Christopher Miller
05-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds great, Jules! I'll have to start planning my entry. :)

sandy richards
05-27-2010, 02:49 AM
Julie, this is a great idea!
Good luck to everyone!
I'll be in Ecuador after birds, so won't even have my macro stuff.
But I'll be anxious to see what people come up with!

Sandy

Jerry van Dijk
05-28-2010, 05:42 AM
HI Jules, great idea, this contest. You can learn a lot when you are forced out of your comfort zone by an assignment. One of the pictures I'm most proud of is the result of an assignment in the ETL forum.
It will be an extra challenge tog et in super close using my bridge camera, but I found out that I can stack my old SLR closeup lens and the one I'm using now, so we'll see what happens.
I can't wait to see what the MPE-65 folks come up with...

Anita Bower
06-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Thanks for challenging us to try something different. It is good for me. I'm noticing some posts without the word "challenge" in the title that I'd like to consider for the challenge. I wonder if the poster just forgot to type it in? How should we approach this?